Check Point 16000 Security Gateway
Large enterprise security, performance and reliability
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
The Quantum 16200 Security Gateway is the recommended replacement product.
Ready to battle any threat, from small to the fifth generation large scale and multi-vector attacks, our security gateways provide superior threat prevention and a unified security management. Turbo charge your enterprise with Check Point 16000 Next Generation Firewalls that combine the most comprehensive protections with data center-grade security and hardware to maximize uptime and performance for securing large enterprise and data center environments.
Highest Security Effectiveness
Integrated with R80.30 and ThreatCloud setting a new standard of prevention against advanced 5th generation cyber attacks
State-of-the-Art SSL Inspection
Threat Prevention that delivers lightning fast SSL-encrypted traffic inspection without compromising up time or scalability
1 Tbps of Gen V Performance
Hyperscale ready, high performance threat prevention hardware for the fastest Gen V security gateway in the industry
|Gen II Security:
|Gen III Security:
|Gen V Security:
Threat Prevention + SandBlast2
|78.3 Gbps||27 Gbps||16.4 Gbps|
Data center grade security, performance and reliability
The Check Point 16000 Next Generation Security Gateway combines the most comprehensive security protections with data center grade hardware to maximize uptime while safeguarding enterprise and data center networks.
The 16000 Turbo model is a 2U Next Generation Security Gateway with four I/O expansion slots for high port capacity, redundant AC power supplies and fans, a 2x 480GB SSD RAID1 disk array, and Lights-Out Management (LOM) for remote management. If you’re ready for 25, 40 or 100 GbE, so is the 16000 Next Generation Security Gateway - with its 40 and 100/25 GbE IO card options.
Key Features & Benefits:
|Advanced Threat Prevention||1st time prevention of known and zero-day threats|
|Uncompromising Performance||Achieve up to 16.4 Gbps of threat prevention throughput|
|Secure Encrypted Traffic||Consolidate SSL inspection into one integrated security platform|
The Cyber Security Architecture Of The Future
Data Center and High-End Enterprise Security Gateways
- Prevent Known and Zero-day Threats
Zero-day protection offering network security with evasion-resistant malware detection and complete protection from the most advanced attacks, ensuring quick delivery of safe content to users.
- Redundant, High Performance
The 16000 Turbo model includes a total of 10x 1 GbE copper ports, two 4x 10 GbE SFP+ interface cards, transceivers, redundant AC power supplies, 2x 480GB SSD drives and 64GB of memory for high connection capacity.
- Complete Security: Simple Offering
Flexible cost-effective bundles. Subscription and support offered together for NGFW, NGTP or NGTX (sandboxing) in either direct or collaborative premium support for 1, 3 or 5 years.
- 100, 40 and 25 GbE Connectivity
If you’re ready to move from 10 to 25, 40 or 100 GbE, so is the 16000 Next Generation Security Gateway. The 16000 Security Gateway lets you connect your 10 GbE server uplinks to your core network.
Data Center Grade Platform
|1 GbE Copper||1 GbE Fiber||10 GbE||40 GbE||100/25 GbE||Memory|
Enterprise Testing Conditions
- 16.4 Gbps of Threat Prevention1
- 27 Gbps of NGFW2
- 28.8 Gbps IPS
- 78.3 Gbps of firewall throughput
Ideal Testing Conditions
- 159 Gbps of UDP 1518 byte packet firewall throughput
- 20 Gbps of AES-128 VPN throughput
- 435,000 connections per second, 64 byte response
- 14.6/32M concurrent connections, 64 byte response3
2. Includes Firewall, Application Control and IPS. 3. Performance measured with default//maximum memory.
- 2x CPUs, 24 physical cores, 48 virtual cores (total)
- 480GB SSD RAID1 storage, 1TB option
- 2x AC power supplies
- 64 GB memory, 128 GB option
- Lights-Out-Management card is Included
- Virtual Systems (default/max mem): 60/250
Network Expansion Slot Options (2 of 4 slots open)
- 1x 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 port card, up to 34 ports
- 4x 1000Base-F SFP port card, up to 16 ports
- 4x 10GBase-F SFP+ port card, up to 16 ports
- 2x 40G QSFP+ port card, up to 8 ports
- 2x 100/25G QSFP28 port card, up to 8 ports
First Time Prevention Capabilities
- CPU-level, OS-level and static file analysis
- File disarm and reconstruction via Threat Extraction
- Average emulation time for unknown files that require full sandbox evaluation is under 100 seconds
- Maximal file size for Emulation is 100 MB
- Emulation OS Support: Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10
- Use 8,000+ pre-defined or customize your own applications
- Accept, prevent, schedule, and apply traffic-shaping
Data Loss Prevention
- Classify 700+ pre-defined data types
- End user and data owner incident handling
Content Security (continued)
Dynamic User-based Policy
- Integrates with Microsoft AD, LDAP, RADIUS, Cisco pxGrid, Terminal Servers and with 3rd parties via a Web API
- Enforce consistent policy for local and remote users on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and Apple iOS platforms
- Total physical and virtual (VLAN) interfaces per appliance: 1024/4096 (single gateway/with virtual systems)
- 802.3ad passive and active link aggregation
- Layer 2 (transparent) and Layer 3 (routing) mode
- Active/Active and Active/Passive - L3 mode
- Session failover for routing change, device and link failure
- ClusterXL or VRRP
- NAT66, NAT64, NAT46
- CoreXL, SecureXL, HA with VRRPv3
Unicast and Multicast Routing
- OSPFv2 and v3, BGP, RIP
- Static routes, Multicast routes
- Policy-based routing
- PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, PIM-DM, IGMP v2, and v3
- Single Power Supply rating: 1300W
- AC power input: 90 to 240V (47-63Hz)
- Power consumption avg/max1 : AC261W/307W
- Maximum thermal output AC1 : 1048 BTU/hr.
- Enclosure: 2RU
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 17.4 x 24 x 3.5 in. (442 x 610 x 88mm)
- Weight: 39.7 lbs. (18 kg)
- Operating: 0° to 40°C, humidity 5% to 95%
- Storage: –20° to 70°C, humidity 5% to 95% at 60°C
- Safety: UL, CB, CE, TUV GS
- Emissions: FCC, CE, VCCI, RCM/C-Tick
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, REACH1, ISO140011
Download the Check Point 16000 Appliance Datasheet (PDF).
Download the Check Point Comparison Chart: Security Gateway Appliances (PDF).