Check Point 5400 Security Appliance
Small enterprise and branch office security
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
The Quantum 6400 Security Gateway is the recommended replacement product.
Click here to jump to more pricing!
The Check Point 5400 Appliance combines the most comprehensive security protections to safeguard your small enterprise. The 5400 is a 1U appliance with one I/O expansion slot for higher port capacity, a 500 GB hard disk, and Lights-Out Management (LOM) for remote management. This powerful security appliance is optimized to deliver real-world threat prevention to secure your critical assets and environments.
Comprehensive Threat Prevention
The rapid growth of malware, growing attacker sophistication and the rise of new unknown zero-day threats require a different approach to keep enterprise networks and data secure. Check Point delivers fully integrated, comprehensive Threat Prevention with award-winning SandBlast™ Threat Emulation and Threat Extraction for complete protection against the most sophisticated threats and zero-day vulnerabilities.
|Service Specification||Production Performance||Test (LAB) Performance|
| 1U rack mountable.
Up to 18x1GbE ports.
Up to 16GB of Memory.
| 600 SecurityPower*
10 Gbps Firewall Throughput
330 Mbps NGTP Throughput
| 22 Gbps Firewall throughput (1518 byte UDP)
2.16 Gbps VPN throughput (AES-128)
3.2 Million / 6.4 Million with Extended RAM (HPP) Concurrent connections
- Enable the most advanced threat prevention security
- Optimal performance even when inspecting SSL encrypted traffic
- Future-proofed technology safeguards against tomorrow’s risks
- Centralized control and LOM improves serviceability
- High performance package optimizes platform performance
- Modular, expandable chassis with flexible I/O options
- Simple deployment and management
- Secure remote access to corporate resources from a wide variety of devices
- One network expansion slot to add port density, fiber and fail-open IO card options
- Redundant appliance clustering technologies eliminate a single point of failure
The most advanced threat prevention security
- Comprehensive protections include firewall, IPS, application control, anti-bot, antivirus, URL filtering, and the award-winning sandboxing technology in Check Point SandBlast Zero-Day Protection
- Next Generation Threat Prevention package provides uncompromising protection against known threats
- SandBlast threat prevention provides the most advanced protections against unknown threats, vulnerabilities, and zero-day attacks
Complete protection without compromise
- Hardware and software optimized to deliver full advanced threat prevention security, including inspecting SSL encrypted traffic
- Up to 1,000 Mbps of real-world threat prevention throughput
- Up to 22 Gbps of real-world firewall throughput
Modular, expandable chassis design
- Optional redundant power supplies reduce single points of failure
- Centralized control with Lights-Out-Management (LOM) for enhanced serviceability
- Flexible I/O with a 40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) option
The Check Point 5000 appliances offer comprehensive and consolidated security available in two packages:
- Next Generation Threat Prevention (NGTP): prevent sophisticated cyber threats with IPS, application control, antivirus, anti-bot, URL filtering, and email security
- SandBlast Threat Prevention (NGTX): advanced next-generation zero-day threat prevention—NGTP with Threat Emulation and Threat Extraction
The 5000 appliances are built to protect branch offices to midsize enterprises from both known and unknown threats with antivirus, anti-bot, SandBlast Threat Emulation (Sandboxing), and SandBlast Threat Extraction technologies.
As part of the Check Point SandBlast Zero-Day Protection solution, the cloud-based Threat Emulation engine detects malware at the exploit phase, even before hackers can apply evasion techniques attempting to bypass the sandbox. Files are quickly quarantined and inspected, running in a virtual sandbox to discover malicious behavior before it enters your network. This innovative solution combines cloud-based, CPU-level inspection and OS-level sandboxing to prevent infection from the most dangerous exploits and zero-day and targeted attacks.
In addition, SandBlast Threat Extraction removes exploitable content, including active content and embedded objects, reconstructs files to eliminate potential threats, and promptly delivers sanitized content to users to maintain business flow.Optional high-performance package
Customers with high connection capacity requirements can purchase the affordable High-Performance package. This includes the appliance plus one interface card with transceivers and Lights-Out-Management.Flexible connectivity options
High-speed connectivity is essential to meeting the needs of today’s enterprise networks. That’s why the 5000 appliances are built to provide maximum port density and flexible connectivity in a compact, single rack unit form factor, including support for 4x1GbE, 4x10GbE (5600 and 5800) as well as 2x40GbE (5800).Remote management and monitoring
An optional LOM card provides out-of-band remote management to diagnose, start, restart, and manage the appliance from a remote location. Administrators can also use the LOM web interface to remotely install an OS image from an ISO file.A reliable, serviceable platform
The Check Point 5000 appliances deliver business continuity and serviceability through optional features such as hot swappable redundant power supplies as well as advanced Lights-Out-Management (LOM) for out-of-band management. In combination, these features ensure a greater degree of business continuity and serviceability for customer networks.Integrated Security Management
Every Check Point appliance can be managed either locally via its available integrated security management or centrally via unified management. An intuitive, web-based administration interface provides local management of up to two 5000 appliances for high-availability deployments.
5400 Security Appliance
- Sync 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 port
- RJ45/micro USB console port
- One network card expansion slot (HPP)
- 8x 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 ports
- Management 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 port
- 2x USB ports for ISO installation
- Lights-Out Management port
|Production Performance (Real-World Traffic Blend) 1|
|Firewall Throughput (Gbps)||5.3||10||17.5||22|
|IPS throughput (Gbps)||810 Mbps||1.08||1.9||3.05|
|NGFW throughput (Gbps)||520 Mbps||690 Mbps||1.18||2|
|Threat prevention (Gbps)||250 Mbps||330 Mbps||540 Mbps||1|
|Ideal Testing Conditions Performance (RFC 3511, 2544, 2647, 1242)|
|Firewall, 1518 byte UDP (Gbps)||16||22||25||35|
|Connections per Second (K)||125||150||185||185|
|Concurrent Connections (M)2||3.2/6.4||3.2/6.4||3.2/6.4||3.2/6.4|
|VPN AES-128 Throughput (Gbps)||1.88||2.16||6.5||10|
|IPS throughput (Gbps)||3||3.9||7.8||10|
|NGFW throughput (Gbps)||2.7||3.4||5.8||8.1|
|VS Supported (Default/Max)2||10/20||10/20||10/20||10/20|
|Hardware Specifications (Default/Max)|
|1000Base-F SFP Ports||0/4||0/4||0/4||0/8|
|40GBase-F SFP+ Ports||0/0||0/0||0/0||0/4|
|Memory||8 ,16||8, 16||8, 16||8, 16|
|Storage||1x 500 GB||1x 500 GB||1x 500 GB||1x 500 GB|
|I/O Expansion Slots||1||1||1||2|
|Dimensions (standard wxdxh)||17.24 x 16.01 x 1.73 in.||17.24 x 16.01 x 1.73 in.||17.24 x 20 x 1.73 in.||17.24 x 20 x 1.73 in.|
|Dimensions (metric wxdxh)||438 x 406.55 x 44 mm||438 x 406.5 x 44 mm||438 x 508 x 44 mm||438 x 508 x 44 mm|
|Weight||6.22kg (13.7 lbs)||6.37kg (14 lbs)||7.95kg (17.53 lbs)||8.37kg (18.45 lbs)|
|Operating Environment||0°C - 40°C at 5 - 95% relative humidity|
|Non-Operating Environment||(-20)°C - 70°C at 5 - 95% relative humidity|
|Dual, Hot-Swap Power Supplies||NA||NA||Optional||Optional|
|Power Input||90 - 264VAC (47-63HZ)|
|Single Power Supply Rating||250W||250W||275W||275W|
|Power Consumption (Max)||62.9W||76.5W||103W||110W|
|Safety||UL60950-1, CB IEC60950-1, CE LVD EN60950-1, TUV GS|
|Emissions||CE, FCC, VCCI, RCM/C-Tick|
|Environmental||RoHS II, *REACH, *ISO14001|
1assumes maximum production throughput with real-world traffic blend, a typical rule-base size, NAT and logging enabled and the most secure threat prevention protection
2 performance measured with default/maximum memory
|Advanced Networking & Clustering|
|Mobile Access 1|
|Anti-Spam & Email Security|
|Network Policy Management|
|Logging and Status|
|Endpoint Policy Management||*||*|
|NGTP = Next Generation Threat Prevention; NGTX = SandBlast Threat Prevention;
* - Optional
1 Five users are included in default package
Download the Check Point 5400 Appliance Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $5,210.00
Our Price: $10,400.00
Call For Lowest Price!
Our Price: $4,160.00
Our Price: $8,320.00
Our Price: $12,480.00
Our Price: $7,860.00
Call For Lowest Price!
Call For Lowest Price!
Our Price: $6,290.00
Our Price: $12,570.00
Call For Lowest Price!
Our Price: $3,120.00
Our Price: $6,240.00
Our Price: $9,360.00
Our Price: $2,490.00
Our Price: $4,990.00
Our Price: $7,480.00